Idaho Chicken Scallop1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- celery, chopped with tops
- 2 c
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- marjoram, dried
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp
- 2.5 c
- chicken, cooked and chopped
How to Make Idaho Chicken Scallop
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- 2Add onion and celery with leaves; cook until tender.
- 3Blend in flour; stir in milk.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and comes to a boil.
- 5Stir in lemon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, pepper, marjoram and chicken; remove from heat.
- 6Pare potatoes; cut in very thin slices.
- 7Place sliced potatoes in a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with remaining salt.
- 8Pour chicken sauce over potatoes; cover and bake in preheated 425 oven 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.