How to Make Hungarian Paprikosh
- While chicken is boiling about 45 minutes,start mixing the dumplings. Dumpling size is up to you.
Flour, egg, water as needed. Set in fridge.
- Just before chicken is done boiling,Fry chopped up onions in paprika until crisp around edges adding paprika to the onions.Add the chicken to fry pan with onions. Then Start adding dumplings to boiling water until they float to top and give a good 10 minutes.
- Fry chicken in pan enough to coat with the paprika slightly browned. Add salt and pepper, set aside until dumplings are throughly cooked.
- Once dumplings are done,drain extra water just reserving only 2 cups, add tomatoe juice and sour cream,to the dumplings (heat don't boil)
- At this point you can add chicken on the bone or deboned(once cooled if deboning) adding to the juice, scrap frying pan so not to leave behind the onions and its flavoring to the dumplings. Heat and Serve (Alot of hungarians make little dumplings, its up to you the size.)