Hot Pork Sandwich Dinner !
This is a meal that is common in the area of the country where I live. It is made with pork, beef, chicken or turkey (I love them all and they are all basically made the same way and assembled the same way).
This delightful comfort food is sold in most "mom and pop" type eateries.. and it is easy to get the same results at home.
This is like the SUPER Comfort Food of all Comfort Foods!
Thin Sliced "Deli Style" Pork (and other meats)
- 1 large
- 5 - 6 pound pork loin roast (seasoned and cooked to your liking)
- 2 large
- onions (chopped)
- 1 stick
- celery (chopped small)
- all the drippings, spices and vegetables from the roast pan
- 4 c
- 2 pkg
- pork gravy mix
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 3 slice
- bread per sandwich
- 10 large
- red potatoes (washed, trimmed, cut up)
- 3 c
- favorite vegetable (we used canned corn this time)
LINK TO THINLY SLICED MEATS
How to Make Hot Pork Sandwich Dinner !
- 4Put the gravy mixes, cornstarch and 1/2 cup of water in a bowl, stir well.
Bring the pan drippings, spices and veggies to a boil along with the remaining water.
Stir mixture in bowl, and slowly add to boiling mixture. Cook until thickened.
Add desired amount of the sliced meat to the gravy. Turn off the heat and just let the meat heat through and soak in the gravy.
- 6To assemble the Hot Pork Sandwich Dinner:
Place a slice of bread on a large dinner plate. Put some of the pork and gravy on the slice of bread.
Place the second slice of bread on top of meat and gravy layer.
Put more meat and gravy on top of the second slice of bread.
Add the third slice of bread. Cut sandwich on a diagonal and separate the two halves to make room for the mashed potatoes.