Hot Pepper Chicken1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4hot peppers, fresh
1 Tbspbrown sugar
1 Tbspcider vinegar
2 Tbspsoy sauce
How to Make Hot Pepper Chicken
- Cut chicken meat in sheets away from breast bone, slice into squares of 1x1".
- Dredge in a mixture of corn starch and salt on a piece of wax paper; allow pieces to dry individually on wax paper about 20 minutes.
- Remove seeds from fresh peppers and coarsely cut into strips; reserve.
- Mix sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, wine together in a small bowl; reserve.
- Heat oil in wok until smoking, add dredged chicken, stir fry on all sides - If oil is hot enough for chicken, pieces will not stick to wok.
- Add sugar and vinegar reserve, hot peppers; cover wok.
- Add 1/2 cup water, cook over medium heat 5 minutes; self gravy should form in the bottom of wok.
- Stir chicken in gravy so it will cook in gravy.
- Gravy should become gelatinous after 5 minutes of cooking.
- If gravy becomes too thick, thin gravy out with small amounts of water.
- Sprinkle in 1 cup of peanuts, mix thoroughly.
- NOTE: Canned hot peppers are too soft to be used for this dish - If desired, dried cayenne peppers can be reconstituted for use.
- If you are fond of this dish, it is well to freeze your own hot peppers, in season.