Honey Sweet Pepper Chicken
I would serve it with yellow rice ,a salad and vegetable.
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken
- 2 c homemade or bottled italian dressing
- 2 t.fresh cajun or creole seasoning,to taste
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 c sliced green,yellow,and/or red peppers
- 1 c sliced onion
How to Make Honey Sweet Pepper Chicken
- 1Whisk together the dressing, lime juice and Cajun seasoning in a large bowl. Tenderize chicken and flatten thicker ends. Place chicken in bowl, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Remove chicken breasts from the bowl, without draining, and transfer to the skillet, browning chicken on both sides and cooking in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Remove chicken and brush both sides with the honey; set aside.
Add the onions and peppers to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes over medium. Reduce heat to medium low, return the chicken to the skillet and continue cooking, covered, until chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 degrees in the thickest part of the breast, turning a few times. Do not overcook! Uncover, turn to coat and transfer chicken to a serving platter. Serve over rice and pour the pan juices and peppers on top.