★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8-ounce chicken breast with bone, without skin or wing
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 tsp
- dried sage
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- orange juice
- 1 tsp
- olive oil
- 3 1/2 oz
- shitaki mushrooms, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- medium garlic cloves, crushed
How to Make Honey Orange Chicken with Mushrooms
- 1Preheat broiler and line a baking tray with foil. Remove fat from chicken breast. Spray baking sheet with oil spray and place chicken, bone side down, on tray. Spray chicken with oil spray. sprinkle chicken with sage, thyme, salt, and pepper to taste. Broil 10 minutes. Turn and broil 5 minutes. Check to make chicken is cooked through. A meat thermometer should read 165 degrees. Or cut a slit in chicken to bone and pull meat away. There should be no pink or red meat.
- 2While chicken broils, mix the honey and orange juice together in a small bowl. Heat olive oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add mushrooms and garlic.Saute 2 minutes over medium heat. Stir in honey and orange juice mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- 3To serve, place chicken on dinner plates and pour tray juices on top. Spoon mushrooms and sauce over chicken.