Honey Nut Chicken Strips
- 1 1/2 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 2 c
- honey nut cereal [i used honey nut chex]
- 1 c
- french fried onions [i used fresh gourmet garlic pepper]
- 2/3 c
- honey mustard plus additional for dipping
- 3-4 Tbsp
- melted butter or margarine
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Honey Nut Chicken Strips
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray and set aside. Crush the cereal and french fried onions together. Cut the chicken breasts into strips, making sure to keep the strips as uniform as possible in size. I actually prefer to do this when the chicken is slightly frozen. After cutting, and for easy clean-up, I lay the chicken strips on a piece of aluminum foil.
- 2Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper. Pour 2/3 cup of honey mustard into a bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush each chicken strip with the honey mustard. Discard any remaining honey mustard after brushing the raw chicken. Pour the crushed cereal and french fried onions onto a plate, then roll each strip in the crumbs coating evenly on all sides.