Honey Mustard Chicken Panini
1 pkgthin chicken breast cutlets (4-5 pieces)
1 citalian dressing
2 Tbspdijon or spicy brown mustard
1loaf of italian bread (i use whole wheat)
1/2 choney mustard
8 slicefresh mozzarella cheese
2 cspring lettuce mix
2 largetomatoes, sliced thin
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken Panini
- In a large freezer bag, combine chicken breasts, Italian dressing and dijon or brown mustard. Let marinate in fridge for 30 minutes to a hour.
- Grill chicken over low heat about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until there are grill marks and chicken is white in the center.
- While chicken is grilling, slice the Italian bread into two long pieces. Spread honey mustard liberally over each side.
- Once chicken is cooked, begin assembling the sandwiches. Layer sliced mozzarella, then chicken breasts, then tomatoes and lettuce.
- Place top of the bread on the sandwich and brush olive oil over the outside, both top and bottom.
- Put sandwich on the grill and cover with aluminum foil. Place a large baking pan pan or skillet over the foil and press down to create the flat panini.
- Once grill marks begin to appear, about 5-6 minutes, gently flip the sandwich over. Place the foil and pan/skillet over the top and grill for another 5-6 minutes.
- Once the bread starts to become crispy and the cheese is melted, remove sandwich from grill and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Cut sandwich into thick slices (about 6-8 per loaf). Serve with your favorite salad.