Honey Mustard Chicken Panini
- 1 pkg
- thin chicken breast cutlets (4-5 pieces)
- 1 c
- italian dressing
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon or spicy brown mustard
- loaf of italian bread (i use whole wheat)
- 1/2 c
- honey mustard
- 8 slice
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 c
- spring lettuce mix
- 2 large
- tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken Panini
- 1In a large freezer bag, combine chicken breasts, Italian dressing and dijon or brown mustard. Let marinate in fridge for 30 minutes to a hour.
- 2Grill chicken over low heat about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until there are grill marks and chicken is white in the center.
- 3While chicken is grilling, slice the Italian bread into two long pieces. Spread honey mustard liberally over each side.
- 4Once chicken is cooked, begin assembling the sandwiches. Layer sliced mozzarella, then chicken breasts, then tomatoes and lettuce.
- 5Place top of the bread on the sandwich and brush olive oil over the outside, both top and bottom.
- 6Put sandwich on the grill and cover with aluminum foil. Place a large baking pan pan or skillet over the foil and press down to create the flat panini.
- 7Once grill marks begin to appear, about 5-6 minutes, gently flip the sandwich over. Place the foil and pan/skillet over the top and grill for another 5-6 minutes.
- 8Once the bread starts to become crispy and the cheese is melted, remove sandwich from grill and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- 9Cut sandwich into thick slices (about 6-8 per loaf). Serve with your favorite salad.