Honey-Mustard Chicken and Appples
We thought it was very good and we both gave it a thumbs up and I will be making it again.
- skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs or 4 skinless breast
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 large
- onion, cut into large chunks
- cooking apples (cortland), cut into chunks
- 1 c
- low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 or 3 Tbsp
- honey mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp
- unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- roughly chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Honey-Mustard Chicken and Appples
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
Working in batches if necessary, add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until golden, about 6 minutes.
Flip and cook 2 or 3 more minutes, then transfer to a plate.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings
- 2Add the onion and apples to skillet and season with salt and peper.
Cook until slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
Mix the broth with the mustard, then add to the skillet and bring to a boil.
Arrange the chicken, skin-side up, in the skillet.
Transfer to the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Chicken 180 degrees.
- 3Mix the buter and flour to form a paste. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken, apples and onions to plates or plater.
Bring the pan juices to a simmer, whisk in about half of the butter-flour mixture and boil to thicken, 2 min.
Continue to cook, adding more of the butter-flour mixture as needed to make a slightly thick gravy.
Season with salt and pepper.
Pour over the chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
- 4I used 2 chicken breast..cut in half for 2 servings.
I am going to try pork chops next time as this is so good.
I think the pork chops will be good in this.