Honey-Lime Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 c
- lime juice (or 6 limes)
- 2 tsp
- lime zest
- 1/2 c
- orange juice
- 1/4 c
- soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 c
- chicken thighs, skinless, bone-in
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2/3 c
- cup chopped shallots, from 2 shallots
- lime wedges, for garnish
How to Make Honey-Lime Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 11. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice and 1 teaspoon of the lime zest together with the orange juice, soy sauce and honey. Transfer mixture to a Ziploc® Brand Storage Bag with the Smart Zip™ Seal and add the chicken thighs. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for one hour.
- 22.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Heat the oil in a large, oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving marinade. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken pieces in the skillet and cook for about 6 minutes, turning once. Remove the thighs and set aside. Add the shallots to the pan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, until softened. Add the reserved marinade and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the liquid begins to get a bit syrupy. Add the chicken pieces and transfer the pan to the oven. Cook for 20 minutes, turning the pieces once.
- 33. Transfer the chicken pieces to a serving platter. Pour the glaze over the chicken and sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of lime zest. Garnish with lime wedges.
- 4Make the marinade for these chicken thighs ahead of time, and dinner's as easy as tossing them in the oven or on the grill. Serve them with a cool potato salad or pasta salad for a satisfying, no-fuss meal.