1/4 calmonds, sliced
1medium onion, sliced
1stalk celery, sliced
1parsley sprig chopped
1 smallbay leaf
10.75 ozcondensed chicken broth
How to Make Honey Glazed Chicken Breasts
- The day ahead, arrange sliced almonds in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
- Broil 1 minute or until almonds are golden brown.
- Watch as almonds burn very quickly.
- May have to stir them several times.
- Transfer and cover for next day.
- In a 6 quart kettle, combine onion, celery, carrot, parsley, salt, pepper, rosemary, bay leaf, undiluted chicken broth and water.
- Bring mixture to a boil and add the chicken breasts and cover.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove from heat and place immediately in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Next day, place chicken mixture over low heat and cook until chicken is heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth and place skin side up in a large, shallow baking pan.
- Spoon 1 cup chicken broth into the pan.
- Strain remaining broth; discard vegetables and save broth for use in other recipes for soups or stews.
- Using a pastry brush, brush chicken with half of the honey.
- Broil, 4 inches from heat source for 2 minutes.
- Brush again with honey and broil until chicken is glazed and golden brown.
- Bake at 325 degree's
- Remove chicken from broiler and arrange the honey-glazed breasts on a heated platter.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and garnish, if desired, with green grapes and crisp watercress.
- Serve immediately.