Honey-Glazed Baked Chicken Quarters
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From the California Culinary Academy.
1 tspgarlic salt
1 dash(es)freshly ground pepper
3 1/2 lbwhole chicken, quartered
3 Tbsplemon juice
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1 dash(es)ground ginger
How to Make Honey-Glazed Baked Chicken Quarters
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, garlic salt, and pepper, then coat chicken quarters thoroughly.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the butter in a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer; put dish in oven to melt butter while oven preheats.
- Arrange chicken, skin side down, in melted butter. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter with honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, and ginger. After 30 minutes remove chicken from oven, turn skin side up, and cover with butter mixture. Continue baking, brushing occasionally with butter-honey sauce, until chicken is tender and richly browned (30 to 40 minutes more).
- Serve immediately.