By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbchicken, broiler or fryer, skinned
3/4 cyellow squash, shredded
3/4 czucchini, shredded
1/2 conion, finely chopped
1/2 ccelery, finely chopped
1.25 cbread crumbs, toasted and wholewheat
1 largeclove garlic, crushed
1 largeegg, beaten
1/4 cpecan pieces
3 Tbspapple juice
How to Make Honey-Baked Chicken
- Discard giblets and neck of chicken (or save for stock).
- Rinse chicken under cold, running water and pat dry.
- Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with pam; place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add yellow squash, zucchini, onion, celery and garlic, and saute until tender-crisp.
- Combine vegetable mixture, breadcrumbs, egg, pecans, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Stuff lightly with dressing mixture.
- Truss chicken (or put ball of foil in opening).
- Combine apple juice and honey, stirring well.
- Brush chicken with half of apple juice-honey mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until drumsticks are easy to move and juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining apple-honey mixture.