Homemade Chicken and "Bumpy" Noodles
4 - 6chicken thighs
1small chopped onion
1/2 cchopped celery
2 tspeach seasoning salt and pepper
1 3/4 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
2 tspchicken bouillon granules
·additional flour for rolling out
How to Make Homemade Chicken and "Bumpy" Noodles
- In a large pot place chicken, vegetables, spices and water to cover 4 inches over meat.
- bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered until meat is tender.
- pull chicken pieces out of pot and drain in colander over a bowl to catch juices. let cool
- remove skins and tear meat off bone. put meat back in pot. proceed to making the noodles.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granules and baking powder.
- add eggs one at a time, blending in well.
- stir in milk
- at this step you may need to add more flour. The dough should not be too stiff
- turn chicken pot on and bring it to a boil. You will be adding noodles to the hot liquid as it cooks.
- On a floured board, dust liberally with additional flour and rolling pin.
- place about 2/3 cup of dough at a time on the flour and knead some in to make it easy to roll out.
- roll out thin and using a pizza cutter make strips your desired widths. Using a large sharp knife, lift a few noodles at a time into boiling pot. stir frequently and repeat this step until all noodles are in pot.
- cook 20 minutes, slowly, stirring frequently. season to taste.
- serve by themselves or with mashed potatoes.