Homemade Chicken and "Bumpy" Noodles
- 4 - 6
- chicken thighs
- small chopped onion
- 1/2 c
- chopped celery
- 2 tsp
- each seasoning salt and pepper
- 1 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 2 tsp
- chicken bouillon granules
- large eggs
- 1/2 c
- additional flour for rolling out
How to Make Homemade Chicken and "Bumpy" Noodles
- 1In a large pot place chicken, vegetables, spices and water to cover 4 inches over meat.
- 2bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered until meat is tender.
- 3pull chicken pieces out of pot and drain in colander over a bowl to catch juices. let cool
- 4remove skins and tear meat off bone. put meat back in pot. proceed to making the noodles.
- 5In a large bowl, combine flour, granules and baking powder.
- 6add eggs one at a time, blending in well.
- 7stir in milk
- 8at this step you may need to add more flour. The dough should not be too stiff
- 9turn chicken pot on and bring it to a boil. You will be adding noodles to the hot liquid as it cooks.
- 10On a floured board, dust liberally with additional flour and rolling pin.
- 11place about 2/3 cup of dough at a time on the flour and knead some in to make it easy to roll out.
- 12roll out thin and using a pizza cutter make strips your desired widths. Using a large sharp knife, lift a few noodles at a time into boiling pot. stir frequently and repeat this step until all noodles are in pot.
- 13cook 20 minutes, slowly, stirring frequently. season to taste.
- 14serve by themselves or with mashed potatoes.