Home-Made Chicken Stir-Fry
- boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 bag(s)
- frozen stir-fry blend vegetables
- 1 can(s)
- water chestnuts-drained (optional)
- 1 bottle
- kikkoman's sweet and sour sauce
- 2 bag(s)
- boil in bag rice
How to Make Home-Made Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1Cook diced chicken in a small amount of oil until cooked through. (I cook mine in an electric skillet with a lid.) I start cooking my rice at this point, too.
- 2When chicken is done, add 2 bags of frozen stir-fry blend vegetables, and the can of water chestnuts. (I add the water chestnuts because I love the crunch.) Cook until the vegetables are good and soft.
- 3Add the sweet and sour sauce and heat through. (here is a recipe for making your own sweet and sour sauce...
1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp corn starch
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 1/2 Tbsp vinegar
1/4 cup water
mix all together and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Serve stir-fry on top of the rice. Sometimes I add sliced almonds if I have them. Rice noodles and extra soy sauce can be added after you serve it.
Hope you enjoy!