Home Made Chicken Pot Pie
3celery stalks, diced up small
2 - 3green onions, sliced small, use part of the tops too
1/4 - 1/2onion, diced small
6 (+)carrots, sliced in rounds, cut larger rounds in half
·potatoes, cut in small cubes, as many as you like
·veggies you like in pot pie
·rotisserie chicken, cut up small, or any chicken cut small, as much or as little as you like, can also do any other meat
·salt & pepper, to taste
2pie crusts, (whatever type you like)
How to Make Home Made Chicken Pot Pie
- I sort of do this in layers, like you would enchiladas or a lasagna. You can use whatever method works for you. My mom would mix all the veggies and meat with the gravy. I like mine with gravy, but more of the goodies.
- I start by cutting up my celery, green onion, onion and carrots & putting them in a pot of water, (which you can add a touch of chicken broth powder too and some pepper. Then I cut up the potatoes and add them.
- If you are using raw or frozen chicken then this would be the time to add them to the pot to boil. Put the pot on the stove and bring it to a boil, turn down a hair and let it continue to lightly boil till your carrots are done. (if your carrots are soft, then so should the rest be done.)
- Roll out the pie crust to whatever you size you need. I did mine in a 9 x 13 cake pan. Make sure you have enough crust to come up the sides. Take a fork to the crust in your pan and make your holes on the bottoms and sides. Then I add the cut up chicken, after the chicken I add a bunch of the drained veggies you boiled, and any other veggies.
- Smooth some gravy over the top of that, and start all over till you either A have used it all, or B you can add no more. Roll out the other pie crust and put it over the top and seam the 2 together. Cut in your slits and one air hole. Cook at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes, or a light golden brown. By the way in this side picture you will see purple. . . that is my hot pad coming thru. lol