Hoby's Chicken Spaghetti
If you like it a little more spicy, use the hot variety of diced tomatoes with chilies!
- 2 large
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 4 c
- chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 8 oz
- spaghett, broken in half
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 c
- chopped celery
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 6 oz
- sliced white or crimini mushrooms
- 4 oz
- cubed velveeta cheese
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 oz
- can diced tomatoes with green chilies (small can)
How to Make Hoby's Chicken Spaghetti
- 1In a large pot, place chicken breasts in chicken broth and add pepper, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Remove chicken to a plate to cool.
- 2Skim or strain chicken broth to remove any fat. Bring back to a boil and add spaghetti. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. DO NOT DRAIN.
- 3While cooking spaghetti, melt butter in sauté pan and add peppers, celery, onion and mushrooms and cook over medium heat until onion is soft. Set aside.
- 4Shred the chicken breasts with two forks and set aside.
Add cubed Velveeta and Cheddar cheeses to spaghetti and chicken broth and stir until melted. Add sautéed mixture, diced tomatoes and chicken and stir until thoroughly combined. You can serve the Chicken Spaghetti at this time.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly grease a 13” x 9” baking dish. Place combined chicken mixture into dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring once halfway thru cooking time. Baking the dish helps reduce the moisture level and combine the flavors.
Serve sprinkled with shredded cheese (I used an Italian Blend) and sliced scallions.