3boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 boxstuffing mix, herb-seasoned (beat with a rolling pin until the consistency of bread crumbs), 6 oz
1 pkgdry Italian salad dressing mix(for marinade)
2 pkgchicken gravy
4eggs (beaten for dredging)
·Olive oil (for frying)
·grated Italian cheese blend
How to Make Hillbilly Chicken
- Rinse and pat dry breasts.
- Rub with Italian dressing mix. Marinate for at least a few hours.
- Pound chicken breasts down as you would for chicken parmesan and cut in half. (Trust me... a half breast is a big portion for this recipe!)
- Dredge in beaten eggs and stuffing crumbs.
- Fry in olive oil until browned.
- Prepare gravy according to instruction, but do NOT heat it.
- Pour about half of the gravy (cold) into the bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Place breading and browned chicken on top.
- Pour remaining gravy over the top.
- Top with about 1/4 cup of shredded Italian cheese on each breast.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Gravy will have thickened and cheese will be melted.
- No need to remove foil to brown. I served this with a green salad with hardboiled eggs and mixed veggies.