- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 box
- stuffing mix, herb-seasoned( beat with a rolling pin until the consistancy of bread crumbs)
- 1 pkg
- dry italian salad dressing mix(for marinade)
- 2 pkg
- chicken gravy
- eggs(beate for dredging)
- oilive oil(for frying)
- grated italian cheese blend
How to Make Hillbilly Chicken
- 1Rinse and pat dry breasts, and rub with Italain Dressing Dressing mix. Marinate for at least a few hours.
- 2Pound chicken breasts down as you would for Chick Parmesan, and cut in half. (Trust me... a half breast is a big portion for this recipe!)Dredge in beaten eggs and cornbread. Fry in olive oil until browned.
- 3Prepare gravy according to instruction, but do NOT heat it. Pour about half of the gravy (cold) into bottom of 9x13 pan, placing breading and browned chicken on top. Pour remaining gravy over the top. Top with about 1/4 cup of shredded Italian cheese on each breast.
- 4Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Gravy will have thickened and cheese will be melted. No need to remove foil to brown.
(I served this with a green salad with hardboiled eggs and mixed veggies.)