Hilda's "Crunchy Tuna (or Chicken) Bake"
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- [cooked to pkg directions, drain]
- 1 [10-oz] pkg frozen french-cut green beans
- [cooked to pkg directions; omit salt, drain]
- 1 can french-fried onions
- 1 [6.5-oz] can tuna or chicken
- [rinsed, drained, & flaked]
- 1 [10.75-oz] can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- coarse ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Hilda's "Crunchy Tuna (or Chicken) Bake"
- 1PREHEAT OVEN @ 350-DEGREES F.
Grease 1-1/2 quart sized glass casserole dish.
- 2EVENLY LAYER INTO CASSEROLE DISH IN THE ORDER GIVEN:
Cooked noodles, cooked green beans, 1/2 of the french-fried onions, and flaked tuna or chicken.
- 3In a small sauce pan, combine cream of mushroom soup, milk, and cheese. On medium heat, cook/stir ingredients until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Add the black pepper; stir 'til incorporated. Evenly pour mixture over tuna layer...evenly spread mixture w/a spatula, if necessary.
- 4BAKE casserole for 25 minutes.
Take out of oven and evenly sprinkle remaining half of french-fried onions on top; return casserole to oven for another 5 minutes.
- 5Serve w/hot, crusty rolls and your favorite fresh-leafy garden salad & salad dressing...or your favorite fresh fruit salad.