"HEY Y'ALL Fried Chicken"
1-2 1/2 pkgchicken (cut into peices)
1 chot sauce (recommended:texas pete )
2 cself-rising flour
·peanut oil (for frying)
·*house seasoning, recipe follows
1 csalt ( i prefer sea salt)
1/4 cblack pepper
1/4 cgarlic powder
·mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
How to Make "HEY Y'ALL Fried Chicken"
- In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs with the milk.
- Add enough hot sauce to turn milk to a bright orange color.
- Marinate chicken in an airtight container/bag for at least 4 hours.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and pepper.
- Remove chicken from marinate and season the chicken with the house seasoning.
- Then coat well in the flour mixture by adding flour mixture to a medium sized thick brown paper bag...add chicken, a couple of pieces at a time and shake-shake-shake- your chicken!!!
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F in a deep pot. Do not fill the pot more than 1/2 full with oil.
- Fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp. Dark meat takes longer then white meat. It should take dark meat about 13 to 14 minutes, white meat around 8 to 10 minutes.