☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·3 lb. frying chicken - cut up
·2 cups self-rising flour
·1 teaspoon black pepper
·1 teaspoon garlic powder
·1 teaspoon onion powder
·2 teaspoon salt
·1 teaspoon paprika
·1/2 teaspoon ground sage
·2 eggs, beaten with 2 tablespoon water
·vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Herbed Southern Fried Chicken
- Fill a deep frying skillet or Electric Skillet to not more than 1/2 full of peanut oil or your favorite oil. Heat to 325 - 350 degree.
- In a bag combine flour and seasoning.
- Pat Chicken dry and shake chicken one piece at a time in the flour mixture until coated.
- Dip chicken in the egg mixture - then shake again in the flour mixture until completely coated.
- Fry chicken a few pieces at a time 10 - 15 minutes - skin side down - do not crowd the pieces in the pan.
- Turn the chicken and cover the skillet - fry for 10 minutes - then uncover the pan and fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the juices run clear.
- Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken
- Drain on paper towels and let stand for a few minutes before serving.