Herbed Chicken With Tomatoes And Mushrooms
- 4 slice
- thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) sliced cremini (baby bella) or white mushrooms
- 1 large
- onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 8 small
- chicken thighs, skin removed (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- basil leaves, or dried basil
- 3/4 tsp
- oregano leaves, or dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- chipolte pepper
- 1 can(s)
- (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
How to Make Herbed Chicken With Tomatoes And Mushrooms
- 1Cook bacon in large deep skillet or 5-quart Dutch oven on medium heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned but not crisp and some fat has been rendered, turning frequently. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir about 8 minutes or until onion is softened, stirring occasionally.
- 2Mix basil, oregano, salt and chipotle pepper. Sprinkle evenly over chicken. Add chicken and tomatoes to skillet.
- 33. Bring to boil, stirring to browned bits in bottom of skillet. Reduce heat to low; simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally and spooning sauce over chicken.
Serve over cooked rice. Yum!