Herb-Tomato Grilled Chicken (oven version)
Rev BJ Friley
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1chicken, 3 to 3 1/2 lbs., cut up
1 dash(es)black pepper
2 Tbspoil or melted butter
3/4 ctomato ketchup or chili sauce
2 Tbsplemon juice
2 clovegarlic, minced or pressed
3 Tbspfresh chopped basil or 2 tsp. dried basil leaves
How to Make Herb-Tomato Grilled Chicken (oven version)
- Cut off excess fat from chicken pieces.
- Loosen the skin away from the meat (this helps the basting sauce to reach the meat underneath).
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix together and blend well the oil, tomato ketchup or chili sauce, lemon juice, the garlic and the herbs used.
- Place chicken pieces on rack.
- Brush on both sides with basting sauce.
- Grill chicken for 12 to 15 minutes on one side, brushing with basting sauce from time to time.
- Turn chicken over.
- Brush again with sauce.
- Grill chicken for another 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done and juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread and a tossed green salad, tomatoes and crispy baked potato wedges.