- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- dried sage
- 1 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 1/8 tsp
- black pepper
- whole chicken (about 3 to 3 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 tsp
- dried rosemary
- onion, peeled
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- new potatoes, parboiled
- bell peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 medium
- zucchini, cut into chunks
- red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Herb-Roasted Chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl, combine butter, sage, garlic and pepper.
- 3Carefully loosen the skin from the chicken breast, be careful not to tear it.
- 4Spread 1/2 the herb mixture under the skin; rub the rest on top.
- 5Sprinkle with rosemary.
- 6Place onion in the chicken cavity and tie legs together with kitchen string.
- 7Pace chicken on rack in a roasting pan and pour broth into pan.
- 8Place lid on roasting pan or cover with foil and roast for 1 hour.
- 9Meanwhile, place new potatoes, peppers, zucchini and onion slices on separate baking tray.
- 10Uncover chicken and until juices run clear when meat is pierced, about 45 minutes longer.
- 11Drizzle vegetables with oil and then roast along side the chicken for 35 to 45 minutes until cooked and crisp around the edges.
- 12Transfer chicken to a serving platter and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- 13Arrange vegetable around chicken on the serving platter.