Hearty Chicken & Veggie Casserole
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 lbchicken tenders or chicken breasts
1 can(s)campbells cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)campbells cream of mushroom (or broccoli) soup
1 can(s)sliced mushrooms (or 1 bag of frozen broc, chopped)
1/4 lbswiss cheese
1/4 lbamerican cheese
1 cstuffing mix, herb-seasoned (i use pepperidge farms)
How to Make Hearty Chicken & Veggie Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl, add your choice of soups, your choice of veggies and milk to make your "gravy". If you plan on serving over egg noodles, you could add an extra can of soup and more milk to make extra.
- Place chicken in casserole dish and layer cheese on top of raw chicken. Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- in small saucepan, heat butter and add stuffing. You don't want to cook the stuffing, the butter just prevents the stuffing from burning.
- sprinkle stuffing mixture over casserole evenly.
- cook for about an hour, or until chicken is done. depending on your choice of chicken, one might take longer than the other. A great indicator of this dish being done... the sauce will start to bubble.