HAWAIIAN SHRIMP OR CHICKEN CURRY
Jo Anne Sugimoto
- 1/4 c
- onion, finely diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 small
- ginger root, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- curry powder
- 5 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar (opt.) i like my curry sweet.
- 1 can(s)
- coconut milk (13.5)
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lb
- medium shrimp, shelled, cleaned, deveined
- or 1 1/2 lbs. chicken, deboned , cubed
How to Make HAWAIIAN SHRIMP OR CHICKEN CURRY
- 1Put butter, onion, garlic and ginger into a 2-quart casserole dish. Cover, but stir occasionally, cook until onions are transparent.
- 2Stir in curry powder, flour and salt. Slowly add coconut milk and chicken broth, stirring constantly, till sauce thickens.
- 3Add shrimp or chicken, cover. Stirring occassionally
- 4Serve in soup bowls, hot and over rice. Makes 6 servings.
- 5NOTE: If you like, you can add carrots, potatoes and cabbage, cook till tender.