2 lbboneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbspgarlic salt
2 cpanko bread crumbs
1 qtcooking oil
1/4 csoy sauce
1 1/2 tspworcestershire sauce
How to Make Hawaiian Chicken Katsu
- Flatten chicken pieces into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Season chicken generously with garlic salt, ( season to taste) and let stand 15 to 30 minutes.
- Set up three dredging pans. Place flour in the first, beaten eggs in the second and panko flakes in the third.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a skillet to 350 degrees.
- Dredge chicken in flour, dip in eggs and coat with panko in that order.
- Fry chicken in batches until golden brown on both sides; drain on paper towels.
- To make katsu sauce, combine catsup, soy sauce, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and red pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut into one inch slices and serve hot with katsu sauce.