Hawaiian Chicken Adobo
- 2 lb
- cut up chicken
- 1 small
- small garlic head, minced
- medium sized onions, diced
- 1/2 c
- dark soy sauce
- dried bay leaves
- 4 Tbsp
- vegetable cooking oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 c
- 4 Tbsp
- brown or white sugar
- small size can pineapple chunks
How to Make Hawaiian Chicken Adobo
- 1In medium heat, saute onions and garlic in oil until onions become clear. Do not burn garlic.
- 2Add cut up chicken to sauteed onions and garlic together with soy sauce, bay leaves and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Cook on medium heat covered for 25 minutes. Turn chicken once in a while to cook evenly.
- 4Add pineapple juice and simmer until chicken becomes tender. Cover. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- 5Add vinegar and cook uncovered for 10 minutes more. Finally, add pineapple chunks. Let it simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- 6Serve this chicken dish with steaming hot white rice.