Hawaiian Chicken Adobo
2 lbcut up chicken
1 smallsmall garlic head, minced
2medium sized onions, diced
1/2 cdark soy sauce
4dried bay leaves
4 Tbspvegetable cooking oil
·salt and pepper, to taste
4 Tbspbrown or white sugar
1small size can pineapple chunks
How to Make Hawaiian Chicken Adobo
- In medium heat, saute onions and garlic in oil until onions become clear. Do not burn garlic.
- Add cut up chicken to sauteed onions and garlic together with soy sauce, bay leaves and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium heat covered for 25 minutes. Turn chicken once in a while to cook evenly.
- Add pineapple juice and simmer until chicken becomes tender. Cover. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook uncovered for 10 minutes more. Finally, add pineapple chunks. Let it simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Serve this chicken dish with steaming hot white rice.