- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (salt and pepper, if desired)
- 20 ounce can sliced pineapple rings
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1 tsp
- chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- green pepper, cut into rings
How to Make Hawaiian Chicken
- 1Wash 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts and roll in flour. Spray frying pan with non stick spray and brown chicken on both sides.
- 2Preheat oven to 350. Using a 20 ounce can pineapple slices, drain and measure juice from the can of pineapple and add water to make 1 1/4 cup of liquid. Cook liquid with 3/4 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon, 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch for thickener. Whisk all of this in a med. saucepan, bring to a boil; simmer for 4 minutes.
- 3Place half the sauce in a casserole baking dish...add chicken breast, top each chicken breast with one pineapple slice and a green pepper ring, cover with sauce. (you will have pineapple slice left over from the can..if you like pineapple or green pepper, add more to this recipe if you like. You can also add some sliced red bell peppers to this for color.
Bake uncovered 40 minutes..or until chicken is no longer pink inside. This recipe can be doubled.
Serve with rice.