How to Make Hassleback Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375°. Slice chicken breasts almost but not quite all the way through every 1-1/2" so that you have at least 4-5 slits in each piece. Place on baking pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and baby spinach. Sauté until spinach is good and wilted. Cut cream cheese in pieces and add to spinach, stirring until cheese is melted and mixed in well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon spinach mixture into each slit in the chicken until all slits have some in them. Sprinkle smoked paprika over each piece.
- Wrap each chicken piece with bacon. Try to cover as much of the chicken as possible. The bacon will shrink while baking.
- Bake 30-40 minutes. I like to let the bacon get a little crispy.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.