Ham and Asparagus Chicken Roulade
4chicken breast pounded thin
12 mediumasparagus stalks trimmed
4 largesliced deli ham
2 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese or swiss cheese
·salt and pepper
2 largeeggs whisked
1 cpanko bread crumbs
How to Make Ham and Asparagus Chicken Roulade
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Spray a large sheet pan or line with parchment paper
- Pound the chicken breasts thin. Season with salt and pepper. If the breasts are whole butterfly and open like a book and then pound thin.
- Lay one piece of ham over each chicken breast. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over ham. Place three asparagus stalks on each chicken breast. May have to cut the stalks in two if they are long.
- Roll the chicken breast enclosing the ingredients inside and tie with butchers twine on both ends and in the middle.
- Roll each chicken breast in egg then roll in panko.
Place on prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown on juices run clear about 25 minutes