Guilty Pleasure Chicken and Rice
1 craw rice
1chicken, cut up, or your favorite pieces
1 tspgarlic powder
1/4 -1/2 tspblack pepper
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
How to Make Guilty Pleasure Chicken and Rice
- Place raw bacon strips on bottom of 12" by 8" baking dish (or equivalent). Spread uncooked rice evenly over bacon.
- Mix together the soup, one soup can of water, the garlic powder and pepper. *Due to the saltiness of the bacon, I have not found it necessary to add additional salt. However, you may want to adjust this to your taste.
- Pour soup mixture over rice. Do not stir. Place chicken pieces on top of soup, turning chicken over so all sides are coated. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover tightly with foil (or lid, if available).
- Bake at 350 for up to two hours, checking for doneness after 1 and 1/2 hours. When chicken is tender and rice is done, remove foil and cook 15 minutes longer, or until chicken is browned. Enjoy!