Grilled White Chicken Pizza with Carmelized Onions
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 3 c
- halved, thinly sliced sweet onions (i use vidalia)
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- fresh thyme (less if using dried)
- 2 oz
- cream cheese
- 1 pkg
- 12 in. prebaked pizza crust (i use boboli) or make your own
- 1/3 c
- alfredo sauce
- 1 c
- shredded rotisserie chicken, tyson already-grilled chicken or make your own
How to Make Grilled White Chicken Pizza with Carmelized Onions
- 1In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onions and sugar in butter 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until deep golden brown and caramelized; stir in thyme leaves.
- 2Heat gas or charcoal grill. Spread cream cheese evenly over pizza crust. Top with Alfredo sauce, shredded chicken and onions, in that order.
- 3Place on grill over medium-low heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until hot. Avoid the temptation to grill the pizza at a higher grill temperature. The crust will burn before the toppings heat through. NOTE: When it's not nice enough to grill outdoors, I put the pizza on a pizza stone and stick it in a 450 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- 4For extra flavor, substitute garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese for the cream cheese.