☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 tspcumin seeds
1/4 cwhole milk plain yogurt
3 Tbspgarlic, chopped
3 Tbspfresh ginger, peeled, chopped
1 1/4 tspchili powder
1 1/4 tsppaprika
1 lbboneless skinless chicken breast
·lime wedges, for serving
How to Make Grilled Chicken Skewers (Tandoori Murghi)
- In an electric coffee/spice grinder finely grind cumin seeds and cloves.
- In a blender blend ground spices with remaining marinade ingredients until smooth.
- MARINATE CHICKEN:
Cut chicken breasts crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips and in a large sealable plastic bag combine with marinade.
- Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and turn bag several times to coat chicken well.
- Marinate chicken at least 1 day and up to 2.
White chicken is marinating, soak skewers in water at least 1 hour.
- Prepare grill (or preheat oven to its highest temperature, 500 to 550 degrees F.).
- Oil grill rack (or lightly oil a shallow roasting pan large enough to hold the skewers in one layer.).
- Remove skewers from water and pat dry.
- Thread 1 piece chicken lengthwise onto each skewer and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
(Alternatively, in a lightly oiled shallow roasting pan arrange skewers in one layer and roast in middle of oven.).
- SERVE skewers with raita and lime wedges if desired.