Grilled Chicken a L' Orange
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Sweet, savory and oh-so-delicious! The smoky cumin works so nicely on this grilled recipe. The Test Kitchen
1orange, grated zest only
1medium orange, about 1/3 cup juice
1 tspdry mustard
·"just a pinch" of cumin
2 Tbspoptional red wine vinegar
1/3 colive oil
4boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tspdry mustard
2 Tbspred wine vinegar
1/2 corange juice
How to Make Grilled Chicken a L' Orange
- In a 9x13 dish make the marinade by combining the first 5 ingredients; zest, juice, mustard, cumin, if using, and vinegar.
- Spread out a sheet of plastic wrap about 2 feet long and place chicken breasts on it.
- Spread another sheet of plastic wrap over the chicken breasts.
- With flat side of a mallet, pound the chicken to an even 1/2 inch thickness.
- Remove plastic wrap and place chicken in marinade.
- Cover and allow to marinate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat the grill.
- Then prepare the sauce.
- In a wide skillet, melt the butter over low heat and stir in the flour.
- Cook this roux over low heat for a minute or two, until it bubbles.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, mustard and vinegar and stir until well combined.
- Whisk in the orange juice, bring the heat up to medium, and stir until thickened.
- Lower the heat and cover the pan to keep the sauce hot while you grill the chicken.
- Grill the chicken just until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- When serving, place the grilled chicken on a heated platter, pour some of the sauce over it and pass the rest of the sauce.
- Serves 4.