How to Make Green Tomatillo Chicken
- Remove chicken skin (if desired).
- Pour oil into 10-12" frying pan over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown, turning as needed, 8-12 minutes.
- Add tomatillos, onion, chiles, and garlic; cover and simmer, turning chicken occasionally, until meat is no longer pink at thigh bone (cut to test), about 30 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a platter; keep warm.
- Boil sauce, uncovered, over high heat until most of the liquid evaporates, 6-8 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with cilantro and add salt and pepper to taste.