Green (Spinach) Rice Casserole
**I use this for MANY dishes: Chicken n Dumplings, Enchiladas, Chicken Salad, Chicken Casseroles... Uses are endless!! Be sure to reserve broth, much better than can or box!!
- 1 c
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c
- ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1/4 dash(es)
- pepper or to taste
- 2 c
- rice, cooked (use 3 2/3 c water to cook, rice should be on dry side)
- 10 oz
- spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 bunch
- green onion, sliced
- 1 medium
- optional: whole chicken (cooked & shredded) for main dish casserole
How to Make Green (Spinach) Rice Casserole
- 1Combine 3/4 cup cheese and next four, (or 5 if using chicken) ingredients in a large bowl; stir in rice, spinach and green onions.
- 2Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2.5 qt caserole dish
- 3Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes. If dish browns too fast tent with foil & remove for final 5 min)
- 4Sprinkle casserole with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, And additional green onionif desired) and bake additional 5 minutes.