Green Chile Rellenos Casserole
1 can(s)(24 - 27 ounce) can whole green chiles, drained
1 - 2 cshredded, cooked chicken
1/2 lbgrated cheddar cheese
1/2 lbgrated monterrey jack cheese
8 ozcrumbled chèvre
1 ccanned milk
2 1/2 Tbspflour
1 can(s)10 oz, green enchilada sauce
How to Make Green Chile Rellenos Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Split the chiles open, and spread half the chiles into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with shredded chicken. Combine the Cheddar cheese and Jack cheese, sprinkle half the cheese over chicken and top with the rest of the canned chiles. Scatter the chèvre over the top.
- Beat the eggs, flour and milk in a bowl. Pour over chèvre covered casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 30 minutes; remove casserole, and top with the remaining cheese. Pour the green chili salsa over the top; return to oven, and bake until the cheese is melted, about 15 more minutes
- Serve with cilantro, lime, sour cream, and tortilla chips.