Green Chile Chicken Casserole
Peggy Sue Ross
2 can(s)(22.5 oz. total) canned white meat chicken, drained
1 can(s)(20 oz.) white hominy, drained (you can use a larger or smaller can)
1 can(s)(7 oz.) chopped green chiles
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 Tbspdehydrated onion
1 tspchili powder
1 tspgarlic powder
2 cgrated sharp cheddar cheese
1 cgrated sharp cheddar cheese
3 ccoarsely crumbled tostitos lime tortilla chips
How to Make Green Chile Chicken Casserole
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 2 Qt casserole dish.
- Mix together chicken, hominy, chiles, soup, onion, chili powder, garlic powder and 2C of cheese(all but 1C cheese and crushed chips).
- Place 1/2 of mixture along bottom of the casserole dish and top with 1/2 of the chips.
- Layer chicken mixture and top with remaining chips and reserved 1C cheese.
- Bake (uncovered) for 30-40 minutes until bubbly. Keep an eye during the last 10 minutes and cover with foil if cheese is getting too browned.