Greek Spinach Feta Chicken Pockets
- 17 oz
- package puff pastry, both sheeets thawed
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 10 oz
- package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 c
- cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/2 c
- chopped green onions
- 2 tsp
- finely minced garlic
- 1 c
- crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large
- egg, beaten (for brushing on pastry top) - optional
How to Make Greek Spinach Feta Chicken Pockets
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a cookie sheet (or line with parchment paper), and set aside.
- 2Unfold both sheets of puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Roll them out a little bit if they look small.
- 3Without tearing the pastry, gently spread softened cream cheese evenly over pastry sheet, leaving about 1/2 inch space along the edges.
- 4Evenly distribute the well-drained spinach over half of the puff pastry sheet (width-wise), leaving about a 1/2 inch space along the edges. Sprinkle the garlic evenly over the spinach layer.
- 5Next, evenly distribute chicken and green onions over the spinach, again leaving a 1/2 inch space around the edges.
- 6Evenly sprinkle crumbled feta and shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of the chicken, leaving a 1/2 inch space around edges.
- 7Fold over the half of the puff pastry that doesn't have the ingredients on it. and seal edges tightly.
- 8Transfer to prepared cookie sheet. If you want a browned shiny top on the pastry, brush some of the beaten egg over the top of the puff pastry.
- 9Bake in preheated oven (400°F) for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is lightly golden brown. Cut into slices, and serve hot.