Greek Spinach Feta Chicken Pockets
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
17 ozpackage puff pastry, both sheeets thawed
4 ozcream cheese, softened
10 ozpackage frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
2 ccooked and shredded chicken
1/2 cchopped green onions
2 tspfinely minced garlic
1 ccrumbled feta cheese
1 1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
1 largeegg, beaten (for brushing on pastry top) - optional
How to Make Greek Spinach Feta Chicken Pockets
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a cookie sheet (or line with parchment paper), and set aside.
- Unfold both sheets of puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Roll them out a little bit if they look small.
- Without tearing the pastry, gently spread softened cream cheese evenly over pastry sheet, leaving about 1/2 inch space along the edges.
- Evenly distribute the well-drained spinach over half of the puff pastry sheet (width-wise), leaving about a 1/2 inch space along the edges. Sprinkle the garlic evenly over the spinach layer.
- Next, evenly distribute chicken and green onions over the spinach, again leaving a 1/2 inch space around the edges.
- Evenly sprinkle crumbled feta and shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of the chicken, leaving a 1/2 inch space around edges.
- Fold over the half of the puff pastry that doesn't have the ingredients on it. and seal edges tightly.
- Transfer to prepared cookie sheet. If you want a browned shiny top on the pastry, brush some of the beaten egg over the top of the puff pastry.
- Bake in preheated oven (400°F) for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is lightly golden brown. Cut into slices, and serve hot.