Great Grandma's Hawaiian Orange Juice Chicken & Onions
2cut up chickens or skinless breasts
2 largethick sliced onions - white red or yellow
1 can(s)orange juice concentrate
·1 can water
·your choice of oil for the pan
How to Make Great Grandma's Hawaiian Orange Juice Chicken & Onions
- I use a large cast iron skillet - medium high heat - oil pan
- Remove skin & lumps of fat, wash & dry chicken pieces, dust well with garlic salt & pepper
- When pan is hot, add chicken pieces & onion to pan, brown well
- Once chicken is brown, add orange juice concentrate, water & cinnamon - stir and place lid on top.
- Let cook for apx 45 minutes. You may want to turn the chicken a couple of times - scrape the bottom of the pan & stir, and possibly turn the heat down a little bit.
- Sauce is very tangy, excellent over rice. You may also add bell peppers, pineapple chunks, green peppers & some ginger. This will also work in a crockpot.