Great Grandma's Hawaiian Orange Juice Chicken & Onions
How to Make Great Grandma's Hawaiian Orange Juice Chicken & Onions
- 1I use a large cast iron skillet - medium high heat - oil pan
- 2Remove skin & lumps of fat, wash & dry chicken pieces, dust well with garlic salt & pepper
- 3When pan is hot, add chicken pieces & onion to pan, brown well
- 4Once chicken is brown, add orange juice concentrate, water & cinnamon - stir and place lid on top.
- 5Let cook for apx 45 minutes. You may want to turn the chicken a couple of times - scrape the bottom of the pan & stir, and possibly turn the heat down a little bit.
- 6Sauce is very tangy, excellent over rice. You may also add bell peppers, pineapple chunks, green peppers & some ginger. This will also work in a crockpot.