Grape Nuts oh so crunchy chicken
Irisa Raina 9
If you have not used this breading for a while….shake it up to make sure all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
This is for those of you who love seriously crunchy chicken.
If you prefer a not so crisp/crunchy covering, process the cereal till it is almost like the consistency of flour.
I served this with my “ bread and butter green beans” recipe on here, and cheddar potatoes.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
·2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
·1 – 24 ounce box grape nuts cereal
·2 cups all purpose flour
·1 cup all purpose flour “ for dredging “
·2 cups panko bread crumbs
·3 tablespoon onion powder
·3 teaspoon dry oregano
·2 tablespoons garlic pepper seasoning
·1 & ½ teaspoons cinnamon
·2 tablespoons cayenne pepper “ more or less to taste “
·3 tablespoon kosher salt
·1/2 cup tablespoon turbinado sugar
·2 large eggs & 1 teaspoon milk
·oil for frying
How to Make Grape Nuts oh so crunchy chicken
- Add the 2 cups all purpose flour, 2 cups Panko bread crumbs, 3 tablespoon onion powder, 3 teaspoon dry oregano, 2 tablespoons garlic pepper seasoning, 1 & ½ teaspoons cinnamon, 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper “ more or less to taste “, 3 tablespoon Kosher salt and 1/2 cup tablespoon Turbinado sugar, and put in a jar. Put a lid on and turn up side down to mix.
- Pound the chicken to flatten.
- Take the 1 cup of flour and put it in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs & milk and put them in a separate bowl.
- Take 1 & ½ cups of the cereal breading and put them in a separate bowl. The amount of breading will depend on how big the chicken pieces are.
- First put the chicken in the plain flour, shake off any excess.
- Then the eggs, letting some of the egg drip off.
- Then the cereal breading.