Grandma's Unbreaded Fried Chicken
For 2 weeks each summer I stayed with my grand parents, of all the fun and wonderful things we did,one of my most bestest times was when Granma and I would make my favorite dinner, Fried chicken with mashed potatoes and corn.
My older brother and I argue all the time about this dish, he says it was breaded,I KNOW it wasn't.I
While this is an easy dish to prepare,it is not an easy recipe to write.I have no measurements or timing,it is a dish that is mostly about feeling.
I love this chicken, it is so crispy and juicey.finger licking and lip smackin good!!!!
How to Make Grandma's Unbreaded Fried Chicken
- 1cook bacon in skillet or heat cooking oil. Oil will spit when you drop water in it when hot enough. (My Grandma only used bacon fat, that was her frying oil of choice, It does add to the flavor of the chicken.)Salt and pepper your chicken to taste.
- 2When you oil is hot enough carefully place chicken in pan bottom side down.Cover and simmer on mediumish heat for 15 min
- 3Using TONGS turn chicken recover and cotinue to cook for 15 min more
- 4Check the meat if the meat has started to pull away from the leg bone raise the heat a little and cook uncovered, rearrange the meat according to the heat in your pan.If meat is not pulling away continue to cook covered on mediumish heat.
- 5After you uncover and raise the heat,turn every 10ish minutes,cooking til meat is cooked thru and skin is golden brown and crispy.
- 6Remove from pan and keep warm.Make you gravy using the pan drippings.
- 7Serve warm or cold. This makes the best cold picnic chicken.