Grandma's Homemade Noodles
How to Make Grandma's Homemade Noodles
- Beat egg yolks and whole egg together.
- Add baking powder, salt and cream and mix well.
- I make my dough in my big Kichenaid Stand Mixer, using the dough hook. It works great!
- Add enough flour to make a really stiff dough. Knead flour in.
- Unroll strips and lay on tea towel or hang on noodle drying rack to dry. NOTE: If you want to cook them right away, they do not have to be dry. The drying is really only for making them in advance or for storing them. That having been said, the drying rack is the best way to get them completely dry for storage. My boyfriend made the one in the picture, but you can also buy them on line.
- For Beef and Noodles, I put them right into my roasting pan or crockpot for the last hour of cook time. Either dried or not.
For Chicken and Noodles, I drop them right into the chicken broth mixture, without drying them. I include a little extra flour to thicken them up and then I serve them over mashed potatoes.