★★★★☆ 3 votes4
- whole chicken broke down
- 3 qt
- water, boiling
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 large
- 1 c
- broth from chicken water
- 1 dash(es)
- salt and pepper, each
How to Make Grandma's Favorite Chicken and Dumplings
- 1Cut up chicken into parts or buy parts already broken up. This is prep. time.
- 2Boil chicken until almost fall of the bone tender.
- 3Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. When chicken is done, remove from pot and place on non stick cookie sheet.
- 4Season chicken with either spices or barbeque sauce to taste. Put in oven for 30 minutes.
- 5In a mixing bowl put flour, egg, salt, pepper and stock from chicken water. Mix until doughy. I like using my hands for this part. Very theraputic!
- 6Rollout mixture on a floured surface. Dust top of dough with flour. cut into 1-2 inch squares.
- 7Add dough squares to boiling broth. When they float to the top, they are done.