★★★★☆ 3 votes4
1whole chicken broke down
3 qtwater, boiling
2 call purpose flour
1 cbroth from chicken water
1 dash(es)salt and pepper, each
How to Make Grandma's Favorite Chicken and Dumplings
- Cut up chicken into parts or buy parts already broken up. This is prep. time.
- Boil chicken until almost fall of the bone tender.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. When chicken is done, remove from pot and place on non stick cookie sheet.
- Season chicken with either spices or barbeque sauce to taste. Put in oven for 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl put flour, egg, salt, pepper and stock from chicken water. Mix until doughy. I like using my hands for this part. Very theraputic!
- Rollout mixture on a floured surface. Dust top of dough with flour. cut into 1-2 inch squares.
- Add dough squares to boiling broth. When they float to the top, they are done.