Golden Bacon Wrapped Chicken Rolls
- chicken breasts with bone and skin!
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz cream cheese or boursin
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp
- thyme, dried
- 1/2 tsp
- strips of bacon
- orange marmalade for glaze
- fresh parsley for garnish
How to Make Golden Bacon Wrapped Chicken Rolls
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Debone chicken breasts. Pound chicken breasts down to about 1/4 inch thick. Discard bones. Keep skin intact over breast. Cut off and discard extraneous skin and fat.
- 3Make filling: Combine cream cheese, garlic, thyme and parsley until well mixed.
- 4Dry off meat side of chicken as to hold the filling. sometimes you just have to use your fingers to spread. Spread filling generously on the meat side of the flattened chicken breasts.
- 5Roll up chicken breasts and shape into nice cylinder shapes, keeping the skin surrounding the roll. (you may have to roll up the chicken and then surround the roll with the skin). Wrap bacon slice around the chicken roll. I cut the bacon down to a few inches and stretch a bit over the roll so it cooks well. I have it just meet ends underneath the roll.
- 6Brush with any kind of fruit marmelade you like. I usually use Orange. But any fruit marmalade works.
- 7Bake at 350 for about 30-40 mins. You can continue basting with marmalade to creat a more glazed and browned roll. Make sure bacon is cooked before taking out of oven. Drizzle the sauce from the baking dish on top of the rolls and garnish with parsley.
- 8NOTE: while cooking, a lot of the filling will escape the chicken rolls. That's great!! It has already seasoned your chicken and kept it moist. The filling that seeps out is a great sauce to drizzle over the chicken when serving!