Golden Bacon Wrapped Chicken Rolls
4chicken breasts with bone and skin!
1 pkg8 oz cream cheese or boursin
2 Tbspchopped garlic
1/2 tspthyme, dried
4strips of bacon
·orange marmalade for glaze
·fresh parsley for garnish
How to Make Golden Bacon Wrapped Chicken Rolls
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Debone chicken breasts. Pound chicken breasts down to about 1/4 inch thick. Discard bones. Keep skin intact over breast. Cut off and discard extraneous skin and fat.
- Make filling: Combine cream cheese, garlic, thyme and parsley until well mixed.
- Dry off meat side of chicken as to hold the filling. sometimes you just have to use your fingers to spread. Spread filling generously on the meat side of the flattened chicken breasts.
- Roll up chicken breasts and shape into nice cylinder shapes, keeping the skin surrounding the roll. (you may have to roll up the chicken and then surround the roll with the skin). Wrap bacon slice around the chicken roll. I cut the bacon down to a few inches and stretch a bit over the roll so it cooks well. I have it just meet ends underneath the roll.
- Brush with any kind of fruit marmelade you like. I usually use Orange. But any fruit marmalade works.
- Bake at 350 for about 30-40 mins. You can continue basting with marmalade to creat a more glazed and browned roll. Make sure bacon is cooked before taking out of oven. Drizzle the sauce from the baking dish on top of the rolls and garnish with parsley.
- NOTE: while cooking, a lot of the filling will escape the chicken rolls. That's great!! It has already seasoned your chicken and kept it moist. The filling that seeps out is a great sauce to drizzle over the chicken when serving!