Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken in Mushroom Wine Sauce
4boneless skinless chicken breasts
4sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
4 ozgoat cheese
1 tspfresh rosemary
1 clovegarlic, finely chopped
1 cupplain breadcrumbs
2 Tbspunsalted butter, melted
MUSHROOM WINE SAUCE
1 Tbspolive oil
8 ozsliced button mushrooms
1/2 cupchicken broth
1/2 cupdry white wine
1 Tbspunsalted butter, cold
How to Make Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken in Mushroom Wine Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pound chicken breasts to flatten to about 1/4-inch thickness; set aside.
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan. Remove pan from heat, add tomatoes to hot water, and let soak for 5 minutes. Remove tomatoes from water and pat dry with a paper towel, then finely chop the tomatoes.
- Mix together the chopped tomatoes, goat cheese, rosemary and garlic. Spread equal amounts of the cheese mixture lengthwise over the center of each flattened chicken breast. Fold each chicken breast lengthwise overlapping left and right edges to cover filling in the center and tucking short ends inside. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl, and beat well; set aside. Place breadcrumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Roll each rolled chicken breast in the beaten egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs until well coated.
- Place coated chicken breasts in a baking dish. Pour melted butter over the chicken breasts. Tilt the baking dish from side to side to allow butter to coat the bottom of the baking dish (to help prevent the chicken from sticking to the pan).
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly done.
- Make Mushroom-Wine Sauce while chicken is baking:
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute for 7 minutes. Add chicken broth and wine, and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or unti liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup. Remove pan from heat and stir in cold butter, stirring frequently until butter is melted.
- To serve, remove toothpicks, and cut each chicken breast into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange chicken slices on a plate, and spoon Mushroom-Wine Sauce on top. Serve immediately.