GMA'S Chicken ,Tomatoes and Rice
- 1 to 2 lb
- of chicken breasts cut up or sub 2 12.5oz cans of chicken
- 2 Tbsp
- of butter or oil
- 1 large
- onion chopped
- green pepper chopped
- 2 large
- tomatoes chopped (approx 2 cps) 1 1/2 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 c
- 1 c
- regular rice uncooked
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make GMA'S Chicken ,Tomatoes and Rice
- 1Brown chicken in butter or oil in skillet for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add green pepper and the onion ; saute until soft but not brown, Add tomatoes and water. If using the liquid from canned tomatoes, cut down amount of water. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- 3Add 1 cup rice, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Makes 4-6 servings.