Gerry's Egg Rolls
These are amazingly delicious!!
This recipe is also from Japan where Gerry was stationed for many years.
·cooked chicken meat from 1- 3 pound chicken
2 pkg12 ounces each of frozen shrimp
1 can(s)drained water chestnuts ( 8 ounce can)
1 can(s)15 oz. drained bean sprouts or 1 package fresh bean sprouts is preferred
2green onions including tops, chopped
26-30egg roll skins
4 coil, more or less for deep frying
How to Make Gerry's Egg Rolls
- Chicken meat from 1 three pound chicken (which you earlier have de-fatted and de-skinned and cooked until tender in 2 cups water and 1/2 cup soy sauce. After chicken has cooled and it has been de-boned you shred or chop it.
- Chop water chestnuts and Add 1 can of drained bean sprouts or fresh if using and 3 eggs. mix until well blended.
- Put mixture on skins. Fold side edges in about 1 to 1 1/2 inches. Then roll up.
Brush the outside edge of the "triangle flap"of skin with the beaten egg and seal.
Repeat until skins are used up. You will use a generous 2 tablespoons of filling per roll.
- Fry in hot fat until skins turn golden brown. Drain on paper towels. May keep warm in a 200 degree oven until serving.
- Serve with tiny bowls (individual) of hot mustard and soy sauce AND Gerry's Chicken and Long Rice:))
If you don't have the tiny individual bowl, just put "puddles" of hot mustard and soy sauce.